- November 12, 2014: The online registration is closed. If you would like to participate in the Symposium, it will be possible to register on-site. Thank you so much !
- November 1, 2014: Registration deadline has been extended to November 11.
- October 30, 2014: Information was updated.
- October 21, 2014 : The Keynote and Invited Speakers of Session 7, “Energy Harvesting and Saving” on Tuesday, November 18 were changed.
- October 21, 2014 : Information and list of Poster-Session was updated.
- October 20, 2014 : Program was changed as follow.
Prof. Shuji Nakamura was changed to Special Lecturer and Tentative Schedule was revised.
- August 25, 2014 : Abstract Form has revised.
(We are terribly sorry to cause you inconvenience.
Please use this revised version. )
- August 22, 2014 : Tentative Schedule was updated.
- July 17, 2014 : Abstract Form has opened.
- July 1, 2014 : Registration site has opened.
- June 25, 2014 : Organization was updated.
- June 25, 2014 : Tentative Schedule was updated.
- May 13, 2014 : Symposium web site opened.
- Date : Nov. 16-19, 2014
- Venue : Hotel Hankyu Expo Park, Osaka, Japan
- Venue Guide (Floor information and layout)
- Organizer : Professor Tsuyoshi Kimura, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- Abstract Submission : by August 30, 2014 [Students]
by September 22, 2014 [Others]
- Registration : by the end of October, 2014
- Board size for each poster : A0 size (height : 1189 mm × width 841 mm)
On behalf of the organizing committee, I wish to extend a cordial invitation to you to attend the 1st International Symposium on Interactive Materials Science Cadet Program (iSIMSC-1), to be held in Osaka, Japan. The meeting will be held at Hotel Hankyu Expo Park in Osaka, Japan, from 16 November to 19 November 2014.
This symposium is hosted by Osaka University Program for Leading Graduate Schools “Interactive Materials Science Cadet Program”. The program aims to educate talented graduate students by cultivating ‘Materials Science Cadets’ with the skills to occupy senior research positions in the materials science and production sectors, with the full support of faculty members of Osaka University from a wide range of materials science fields including physics and chemistry. The program is also designed to apply the synergistic benefits of dialogic and interactive approaches to various facets of materials science education and research. In the context of the program, we discuss broad topics on materials science in this symposium to share a common interest in the field.
Your participation will definitely enrich the symposium and ensure its success. We truly look forward to welcoming you to Osaka this fall.
Chairman of iSIMSC-1