The International Symposium for Materials Scientists “Inspiration for Innovation by Interaction” (ISMS III) was held successfully at the Osaka University on December 3-4, 2018. On behalf of the ISMS III organizing committee, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude to the attendants for their participation and support.
This symposium had a total of 128 attendants, 8 invited speakers, 9 contributed speakers, and 60 poster presentations. Without kind support of all attendants, the symposium would not have been successful.
We look forward to seeing all of you again at our next 5th International Symposium of Interactive Materials Science Cadet Program.
Student Co-Chair of ISMS III, Tomoya Sasaki
Chair of ISMS III, Masaaki Ashida
Oral presentation winners
9 contributed speakers were chosen to give oral presentations at the symposium based on fair review of all abstracts by ISMS III committees. For the outstanding quality of their research, they were given “Best Oral Presentation Award”. The recipients’ names and presentation titles are as follows;
- Satoshi Yamashita, “Vibrational Energy Transfer from Heme through Atomic Contacts in Proteins”
- Takashi Matsuhira, “Ring-opening Polymerization of Hemoglobin Using its Reversible Association-Dissociation Equilibrium of α2β2 Subunits”
- Suguru Hosoi, “Distinct Behaviors between Orbital and Magnetic Nematic Fluctuations in the Iron-based Ladder Material BaFe2S3”
- Mengran Zhou, “High strength and ultra ductile Mg-Li alloy formed by friction stir processing”
- Arniati Labanni, “Uncaria gambir Roxb. Mediated Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles and the Control of Stability Using Triethanolamine”
- Manato Fujimoto, “Magnetic Levitation of AB-stacked and Random-stacked Graphite”
- Yusuf Wicaksono, “Tunable Induced Magnetic Moment and In-Plane Conductance of Graphene in Ni/Graphene/Ni Nano Spin-Valve Like Structure: A First Principles Study”
- Tony Z. Jia, “Polyester Gel Microdroplets as Prebiotic Membrane-less Compartments for Primitive Protocellular Models”
- Yusuke Nagasaki, “Metal-masked Mie-resonant Full Color Printing”
Best Oral Presentation Award winners. From left to right: Dr. Zia, Mr. Wicaksono, Mr. Hosoi, Prof. Ashida (Chair), Mr. Yamashita, Mr. Fujimoto, and Mr. Nagasaki.
Unfortunately, Mr. Matsuhira, Mr. Zhou, and Ms. Labanni were absent from the award ceremony.
Poster presentation winners
5 winners of “Best Poster Presentation Award” were chosen from among the poster presenters by all the attendants’ votes. The recipients’ names and poster titles are as follows;
- Colin K. Kitakawa, “Development of New Semi-Empirical Method for Simulations of Reactive Oxygens Species and Antioxidants”
- Tomohiro Yamazaki, “Spin-Plasmon Polariton on the Surface of Topological Insulator”
- Kohei Kumagai, “Surface passivation of semiconductor quantum dots by zeolitic imidazolate framework-8”
- Chen Qian, “Mechanically Adaptive Bacterial Cellulose Composite Hydrogel Inspired by Sea Cucumbers”
- Shunsuke Maeda, “High-speed Raman Imaging by Using Multi-line Illumination”
- Shunsuke Nakamura, “Focus position shift in three dimensions with metalens”
Best Poster Presentation Award winners. From left to right: Mr. Nakamura, Mr. Kumagai, Prof. Ashida (Chair), Mr. Kitakawa, and Mr. Yamazaki.
Unfortunately, Mr. Qien and Mr. Maeda were absent from the award ceremony.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to the following organizations for supporting this symposium.
The Photonics Center of Osaka University